Students in one of the lecture rooms


You will find answers to frequently asked questions here.

Hier finden Sie Antworten auf die am häufigsten gestellten Fragen.

Information for refugees from Ukraine

I studied in Ukraine and would like to continue my studies at the FHWS. Where should I start?

It is very important to understand that the education systems in Ukraine and Germany are different. Only those who have completed 11 years of school and at least the first year of the Studienkolleg in Germany are entitled to study at a German university. You can only continue your studies in the subject area you started in Ukraine. You can only change your degree programme and enrol in another degree programme if you have already completed a university degree.

It is also important to know whether you need to meet the requirements of your chose study programme (language requirements, internships, entrance exams, etc.). Please see the admission requriements at FHWS for detailed information.

I want to apply for a job, who can help me?

In Germany, the Federal Employment Agency (Bundesamt für Arbeit) is responsible for helping you find a job and with further education or retraining. The employment office will advise you in Ukrainian or Russian. 

Are refugees covered by health insurance?

If you have registered under paragraph 24, you can receive free insurance from the state. The scope of benefits and offers in this case differ from the normal student insurance. You have to contact the state health insurance company in order for FHWS to accept this type of insurance, and they will confirm your registration directly with FHWS.

You can also take out regular student health insurance, but you have to pay for it yourself (about 110 euros per month).

Can I continue my studies online?

The Virtual University of Bavaria (vhb) would like to help Ukrainians continue their studies quickly and unbureaucratically with its offer for students from Ukraine, but also for those who have stayed in Ukraine. Those who have to or had to interrupt their studies in Ukraine due to the war have the opportunity to take courses at Bavarian universities online via the vhb and thus acquire ECTS credits, which the students can have credited to their home university at a later date.

Does the FHWS offer a support service for students who need psychological support due to the situation in Ukraine?

The FHWS Student Health Management (SGM) offers prevention, support and mediation on all topics related to physical and mental health.

Are there scholarships for prospective students from Ukraine?

The BAYHOST project offers the Taras Shevchenko Scholarship Programme of the Free State of Bavaria for German courses for prospective students from Ukraine in 2022. These scholarships for courses in Bavaria include course fees, accommodation and meals.

Prospective students (high school graduates as well as university students) from Ukraine with a previous knowledge of German (at least A2 level) can apply to BAYHOST. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they intend to study in Bavaria and must be 18 or older at the time of application. The scholarships are primarily awarded to Ukrainians who are already in Germany as refugees or who will be coming to Germany.

Applications are made via the online portal StipSys and applications are accepted continuously as long as scholarship places are available. The courses start in mid-July / early August - we recommend applying early!

Further information regarding the summer courses and the application process are available on our website and on our BAYHOST facebook profile.

We would also like to inform you that BAYHOST has been operating a coordination office in Ukraine since April 2022 within the framework of the Taras Shevchenko Programme, which bundles support and assistance offers for Ukrainian students and academics and is available to them as a contact point. You can find all information at BAYHOST Coordination Office Ukraine - University of Regensburg (

Does the FHWS offer German courses for refugees from Ukraine?

A free online course in German at level A1 is planned from 23 May 2022. The course is aimed at those who want to study at our university in the future. Later, courses at A2, B1 and B2 levels are planned, so that you can apply for German-language degree programmes for the summer semester of 2023 (studies start on 15.03.2023).

It is planned that the German course at A2 level will be completed before September 2022. This means that people who apply for the winter semester 2022/23 and need a German A2 certificate can still prove the German A2 level in time.

If you already have or will soon have a B1 level in German, you can apply now and register for a B2 intensive course, which will take place in August-September. Once you have passed the exam and enrolled for your chosen course, you can start your studies at the FHWS on 1.10.2022. You will find the links to the language courses on the website of the Campus for Language Proficiency. On the Campus Language website you can also send the form to register for language courses for refugees.

How can I apply to the FHWS, if I have lost documents while fleeing or can no longer obtain them?

In these cases, we will run a plausibility check. Therefore, we will evaluate internally whether the prerequisites for admission are given. Should you be interested in this, please contact the FHWS projects "Integra" and "Welcome" via mail to refugees.welcome[at]

Integra and Welcome are funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The team supports refugees who are willing and capable of higher education studies during their preparation for and transition into studies.

Please see the Integra and welcome website for further information.

I am a refugee from Ukraine, can I continue my study at FHWS?

1. If you are not an ukrainian passport holder:

  • If you come from a safe country of origin:

        The current information we have, says that you can stay in Germany. However, before you
        start studying in Germany, you would have to leave for your home country to apply for a study
        visa for Germany on the spot.

  • If you have already fled to Ukraine from an unsafe home country/war zone, you can apply for a study visa locally in Germany.

        After your admission, our International Student Support will guide you with any questions you
        may have on this topic.

After your application, the faculty will check whether your academic achievements from Ukraine can be recognised at our university and in the subject you have chosen.

You can either apply for a higher semester. In that case, your previous achievements will be reviewed during the admission examination.

Or you can apply for the first semester and submit your previous university achievements to the faculty via a form within the first four weeks of the semester.

Please note that the process credit recognition can only be gone through once.

If your application for a higher semester is unsuccessful, your application will be disqualified.

If you are not sure whether your university records are sufficient for an admission in a higher semester of the selected study programme, please apply additionally for the first semester.

Please contact i-campus[at], if you need any further guidance in your application process.


2. If you are ukrainian passport holder, please find all details here.


Is there a preparatory course at the FHWS?

FHWS does not have its own Studienkolleg/Foundation year programme. This means you need to search for a Studienkolleg and apply for it on your own.

Before applying for a Studienkolleg, please read the information on the Studienkolleg's website regarding application deadlines. Also, carefully read important information regarding language requirements, entrance examinations, and tuition fees.

You need to choose a technical direction (T-course) if you would like to study our degree programs Mechatronics (B.Eng.), Logistics (B.Eng.), Business and Engineering (B.Eng.) or Robotics (B.Eng.).

Further Studienkolleg directions are:
W-course: for degree programmes in economics and social sciences
G-course: for humanities programmes
WW-course: for degree programmes in economics and business administration
GD-course: for creative and artistic degree programmes
SW-course: for social science degree programmes

Several Studienkollegs and websites are listed here:
Studienkolleg Coburg
- Public Studienkolleg with German as language of instruction. In order to apply you need to hold German level B2.

Berlin International College
- Private Studienkolleg in Berlin with English as language of instruction.

ISB Studienkolleg
- Private Studienkolleg in Braunschweig with German or English as medium of instruction.

All other Studienkollegs in Germany 

Concerning the Studienkollegs in other German Federal States: Please make sure that the certificate you get from a specific Studienkolleg does not restrict you for studying only in the state the Studienkolleg is situated in or a specific university. For example: If your final certificate states that you are now eligible to study at Universities at the federal state Niedersachsen you cannot be admitted to FHWS, which is located in the federal state of Bavaria.

Please note that Berlin International College (BIC) is a partner of FHWS and offers Studienkolleg courses in English. We started this cooperation due to the demand for a Studienkolleg for our programs with English as the language of instruction. After graduating BIC, you will be eligible to study only at our university. As part of the cooperation of BIC and our university, you will receive a conditional admission letter from FHWS. Please contact BIC directly (info[at] to get more information about admission requirements and necessary documents for the application process.

How many degree programmes can I apply for?

You can apply for as many degree programmes as you like during the application phase. After admission, you must decide on a degree programme to complete your enrolment procedure. You must apply for each desired degree programme via the FHWS applicant portal.

Do I need a CV or a letter of motivation?

No letter of motivation, CV or recommendation is required when applying for FHWS degree programmes. You must enter all previous periods of study (universities) abroad AND in Germany in full when applying via the online application portal of FHWS.

What is a numerus clausus (NC), how high is it and which programmes have NC?

Numerus Clausus (NC) means limited number of study places. The university does not set a limit, but rather determines the number of available places in its admission regulations. This means that all study places will be given only based on the highest grades of the students and the region they are from: Germany, European Union and Non-European Union. The admission procedure results in the average grade or number of points up to which admission could be granted. This is to guarantee a fair entrance according with the Education Strategie of the German Government. At each program where there is Numerus Clausus, there is a limit on the number of students admitted for the 1 semester. You can find information about whether your program has any NC in the description of the study program.


In our download area you will find the "Information about assigning procedures in bachelor´s programmes with restricted admission" with the NC quotas of the last semesters.

Is there an age limit to study at FHWS?

There are no limitations on age for applying and getting admission in German universities for (international) students.

How do you transfer from another European/non-European college/university?

When changing to FHWS from another higher education institution periods of study, study achievements and credit points will be transferred as long as the module rates do not differ significantly. Please note, your university must be accredited and recognized. The applicant is required to present all documents necessary for the transfer of credits/periods etc. The examination committee makes the decision about credit transfer together with the responsible representatives from the individual degree programme.

Therefore, FHWS is not able to tell applicants in advance into which semester they will be admitted or which credits will be transferred.

Depending on the faculty offering your degree programme, necessary forms are available either from your faculty or at the Student Service (HSST).

After a check for completeness, your application is forwarded to the responsible examination committees or the person responsible for the chosen degree programme. A formal notification will be issued with the examination committee’s decision about accredited modules and an information into which semester you are placed depending on the number of CP you have previously earned. For more information, please contact the person at HSST listed for your degree programme.

Changing to FHWS from another higher education institution is possible as long as the general admission requirements are met. Please check our admission requirements

Please notice, that you need to hand in a form for credit recognition in the first four weeks of the semester to the faculty of your degree programme, if you get admission to our university. This form can only be handed in once, so please prepare carefully.

Are the Bachelor's degree programmes at the FHWS accredited?

The University of Applied Sciences Würzburg-Schweinfurt is a state university. Due to this the university is certified and all programmes are accredited. We are accrideted by the German government.

What is the difference between a university and a college/university of applied sciences?

The Fachhochschule or University of Applied Sciences differs from the traditional university (Universität) mainly through its more practical orientation. In Germany, a Hochschule is the general name for higher education. A University and a University of Applied Science are both a Hochschule. It is the generalization. A Fachhochschule on the other hand is just the University of Applied Science.

Under the harmonised system (Bologna declaration) there is no legal academic difference between the bachelor's and master's degrees conferred by the Universities of Applied Sciences and universities.

Why has my online application been returned to me?

There are different reason why your application has been returned:

Possibility 1: The documents required for the review process are incomplete

Possibility 2: The VPD you provided is not made out for FHWS, but for a different higher education institution.

Do I need a pre-study internship?

Some study programmes require a pre-study internship:

- You can perform your internship in your home country.
- It has to be passed by the end of the second semester.
- You can can split your internship up.
- The internship certificate: it should be issued in the company or school where you did teh internship. There is no FHWS form template. The certificate issued by the company should contain information about the person who has done the internship, duration of internship (exact start and end dates) and description of the work processes done by the the trainee.

Each study programme has different pre-study internsip requirements (content, duration etc.). Therefore, check the homepage of your study programme for information about it.

Information about the English TWIN-study programmes can be found here:

When can I apply for a degree programme?

Please check the following link for detailed information:

Can I provide a copy of my passport for my enrolment?

You can provide a copy of your passport or ID card if you do not have a birth certificate. 

Do other German or international universities recognize my bachelor‘s degree?

Yes, the FHWS bachelor‘s degree is recognized worldwide. It is also possible to switch to other German or international universities without any problems. Please also read trough the admission requirements at the university of your choice.

Can I study a PhD programme at FHWS?

Yes, FHWS offers PhD programmes. These are often completed with the collaboration of industrial companies, or German or international universities. For more information, please contact the responsilbe faculty, at which you want to study the PhD programme.

Can I study a master's programme at FHWS after I finished my bachelor's programme?

Yes, this is possible. Please note that we offer only a few master's programmes in English. You might have to do your master's programme in German, even if you completed your bachelor's programme in English.

You can find a list of all degree programmes on the following website: Please also read through the Admission requirements of the master's programme of your choice.

How do I apply at FHWS?

Information about the application process can be found on the following link:

Do I have to provide a certificate of German language skills in order to enroll?

That depends on the study programme you are interested in. Please check the profile of your favourite programme and find out which admission requirements are needed.

How can I find out whether my pre-study internship counts?

If you have already completed an internship, the university will examine it once you have begun your studies. You can obtain an application form for this from the Hochschulservice Studium.

Please note that we are unable to provide detailed information on whether your internships count before you have begun your studies.

How do I get information about the status of my application?

- If you have already registered with uni-assist online, log into your account by using your login data.
- If you have not yet registered online, register first, stating the application number you have received from uni-assist.
After having logged in, click on “Application” in the menu.
You will find all your applications listed up, inlcuding the current status of each on the right side of the column.

FHWS applicaction portal:
Log into the application portal by using your login data and check your status.
Please remember that university staff are unable to give you any detailed information about the status of your application while the application process is going on.
Any queries delay the application process immensely and, in the worst case, can prevent you from acquiring a visa in time.

Which documents do I need for the application process?

Please check the following link for detailed information:

Can I apply for a scholarship?

Find more information about scholarship options on our website.

However, there are also other organisations that may offer you a scholarship. Please see the following websites to find out about scholarships for international students from your home country.

Which degree programmes can I study at FHWS?

Find here a list of all study programmes.

How much are living expenses in Germany?

You can expect to spend an average of € 600 to € 800 per month. These costs are predominantly made up of your rent incl. additional charges such as Internet etc., food and spending on leisure activities. However, the amount you actually need will depend on your lifestyle.

Are there tuition fees?

With the exception of MBA programmes, students at FHWS do not pay tuition fees. You will only be charged an administration fee depending on your campus.

Please find the current semester fees at our website.

The fee for both campuses inlcudes a semester ticket for the use of the public transportation system.

Do I need German language proficiency for a TWIN study programme taught in English?

Yes, you need German language proficiency even if your study programme is taught in English. German language skills will help you to find accommodation, make new friends, at the city hall, find a job, etc. It simply makes your life much easier.

German language proficiency:
1. You don`t need initial German language proficiency for:
- Logistics
- Mechatronics
- Business & Engineering
- Robotics
But by the end of the second semester, you have to provide German A2 level.

2. You need German A2 level right from the start for:
- International Management

The according language proficiency test should not be older than one year.

You don`t have to provide this language proficiency test, if you:
- are German native speaker or
- have obtained a German school-leaving/study qualification.

You'll find the language requirements for each programme at our website.

Students can attend German language courses during their studies:

What are the admission requirements for a degree programme?

- University entrance qualification, study record and/or further qualifications if required. The school education requirements you need to meet depend on the country in which you have achieved your highest qualification.

For the admission requirements for your home country, please see one of the databases under or

You'll find the language requirements for each programme on our website.

Applicants who have completed their school education or a university degree completely in German and/or English (for the programmes in English) and native speaker are exempt from this.

Please note that you have to fulfill additional requirements like a pre-study internship depending on the study programme. You can find this information at the profile of each programme. 

Please note that no exceptions will be made with regard to our admission requirements.

How long does it take to complete a study programme at FHWS?

- Bachelor Programme: 7 semesters (3.5 years)
- Master Programme: 4 semesters (2 years)

Which degree programmes can I study in English?

Currently, FHWS offers the following BA programmes in English:

- Business and Engineering (B.Eng.)
- International Management (B.A.)
- Logistics (B.Eng.)
- Mechatronics (B.Eng.)
- Robotics (B. Eng.)

In addition, FHWS offers the following MA programmes in English:

- Business with Europe (MBA)
- International Social Work with Refugees and Migrants (M. A.)
- International Business with Focus on Western Europe, or Focus on Asia or Focus on Central and Eastern Europe (MBA)

Admission - After your arrival at FHWS

Does FHWS provide language courses?

Information about English and German language courses of FHWS can be found on the following link:

When does the orientation programme take place?

Two weeks before the start of the term, FHWS offers the orientation programme for all international students.
Please check the following link for detailed information:

What is the orientation programme?

Two weeks before the beginning of the new semester, FHWS offers the orientation programme for all international students. The orientation programme supports you regarding the following topics:
- Enrolment
- Academic study support
- Support with administrational formalities (registration office, residence permit, bank account, health insurance, etc.)
- Intercultural seminars (GAT tutorials etc.)
- Language courses.
- Leisure activities.

When can I enrol?

Enrolment in person for the winter semester takes place in late September.

Please check the following link for detailed information:

When will my degree programme start?

Most study progammes, including the TWIN-Bachelor degrees taught in English, start in winter semester. Check the homepage of your study programme.
Information about semester start:

Admission - Before your arrival at FHWS

What are my chances of admission?

No statements can be made about the chances of admission for the respective semester for programs with restricted admission (with NC). It depends on the number of applicants with a higher score. After the acceptance of applications is closed, all data are ranked, the number of students with the highest score is selected.


For degree programmes without NC, the general admission requirements and Application requirements  must be met.

Do I need health insurance?

You must provide a valid certificate of health insurance cover in order to enrol at a German university. We recommend that you choose insurance from a German public health insurance provider. You will receive further support in this after enrolment and during the orientation weeks.

If you already have health insurance in your home country, please ask your provider whether you are also covered in Germany. If you are, you must provide a certificate to this effect no later than at the time of enrolment. A German health insurance provider can issue this certificate. In addition to health insurance, we highly recommend to choose a private liability insurance in addition. That will cover all the risks of daily life and costs around €80 per year. You can find information on liability insurance during the orientation weeks or from a German health insurance provider.

How can I find accommodation?

The FHWS does not provide any dormitories.
Please check the following page for further information on accomodation:

Do I need a visa?

EU member states, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland

Applicants from EU countries do not need a visa. Once you have found accommodation in Germany, you must register at the residents’ registration office (Einwohnermeldeamt) to receive your residency permit.

Non-EU member states

Applicants from Non-EU countries normally need a visa. Please contact the German embassy in your home country in order to find out if you will need a visa. This has to be issued for residency for the purpose of study. To receive a visa, you must provide proof of how you will finance your studies. This shows that you can afford to live in Germany for a year. The German embassy in your home country can provide you will information on how this proof should be provided. You can apply for a visa from the German embassy or consulate in your home country, before travelling to Germany. You can find more information, the addresses of embassies and consulates and the current visa regulations for all countries on the German Foreign Office website. Further you can find more information about visa regulations on the website of and


Apply for your visa in plenty of time, ideally as soon as you receive your acceptance. Applying for a visa can take weeks or even months. You must register with the foreign citizens’ office (Ausländerbehörde) within three months of arriving in Germany in order to obtain your residency permit for the purpose of study.

What do I have to do after having received my letter of admission from FHWS?

1. Apply for a visa in time (if necessary).
2. Take care of your accommodation as soon as possible.
3. Prepare your journey and assure that you arrive at FHWS early enough to take part in the orientation prorgamme (2 weeks before the start of the semester).
4. Take part in the orientation programme.
During the orientation programme, applicants will receive support with the following formalities:
- Enrolment
- Registration office
- Opening a bank account
- Health insurance

During your studies

Can I change my study programme?

Yes, you can change your study programme, BUT not at any time.

If you want to change, you have to apply for the new study programme like a new student during the regular application period.

Application period:

- Winter semester: 1.5.until 15.7.

- Summer semester 1.11 until 15.1.

- Application: Via online application portal:

Please note that some study programmes start only in winter semester.

If you don`t start as a beginner, but are already acknowledged for a higher semester, you can also start your study programmes in summer semester.

To be acknowledged for a higher semester, you need at least 4 subjects being recognized by the new study programme.

Depending on your study programme, the following documents are required beside your general application documents:

- Semester certificate (duration of previous studies).

- Confirmation of the grade or certificate of previous achievements.

- Study and examination regulations with hourly schedule and contents or module manual (preferably as file in PDF format).

- If applicable, proof of the service of the practical module.

- Exmatriculation certificate (if the student was enrolled in another German university).

- Where applicable, evidence of pre-practice (possible to submit it by the end of the 2nd semester).

The exam commission will decide if the previous exams make at least 20-15 credit points and an applicant can be admitted to the second semester.

What should I do if I lost my FHWS student card or have problems using it?

First ask at the post office, library, and service point, if your FHWS student card was found. If you cannot find your card, you have to apply for new one.

1. In Würzburg

Students in Würzburg can address the following office (Kartenbüro):

Münzstraße 12, First floor, Mr. Baier.

At the entrance, turn left. The second door is the card office.

2. In Schweinfurt

Students in Schweinfurt can address the Hochschulservice Studium (Student Affairs Office of their study programme):

Campus 1, opposite the library, room: 7.E.6-7.

If the FHWS student card gets lost, students have to pay 20 euro for a new card. If the student card does not work anymore, the new card will be provided for free.

What is GEZ?

GEZ is the German broadcast fee for public radio, television and internet use.

• Every household has to pay € 17.50 per month

• People sharing an apartment share the costs: They divide the amount by the number of people in the flat, but one person should register

• You can pay the fee every three, four, six, or 12 months

Can I download music or movies?

• Downloading and sharing movies and music is illegal and STRICTLY forbidden in Germany!!!

• Fines starting from € 1,500

Does FHWS provide WLAN?

Enroled students can use the WLAN of the FHWS using their k-number and password which they get at the time of personal enrolment.


What happens if I failed an exam?

- Each student has the right to take an exam three times => failing three times => exmatriculation

- Rule upon failing: the student is obliged to take the exam for the second time within the next 6 months (next semester after failure), the third time of examination can be taken within the next 12 months (vlt. besser: If the student fails the exam at the second try too, they can try for the third time within 12 months)

- Every exam is offered every semester

- Some lectures are sometimes offered only in the winter or only in the summer semester

Are there exam deadlines?

- §18 from the SPO:

- Every study programme has determined basic subjects.

- Examination of basic subjects: must be taken at least once until the end of the 2nd semester.

- The basic subjects differ in every study programme.

- Apart from the basic subjects:

1. Subjects from 1-2 semester => must be taken at least once until the end of the 3d semester

2. Subjects from 3-4 semester => end of 6th semester

3. Subjects from 5-7 semester => end of 9th semester

What is SPO?

Every faculty has their own study and exam regulations (SPO):

- Information about exam deadlines, bachelor thesis, leave of absence, modules, examinations, exam failure, semester abroad etc.

- It is extremely important to read these regulations carefully!!!

How do I dis-enroll?

If you are enrolled at FHWS and would like to leave the university, you should de-register by submitting an application form for de-registration to the Student Affairs Office of your study programme (the office where you get your student ID card).

You can find the application form on the following link:

When do exchange students receive the Transcript of Records (ToR)?

The transcripts are not issued every semester. The transcripts of records for exchange students are issued after the exchange students have completed their study stay at FHWS.

Transcripts are always issued two weeks after semester start:

1. middle of October or

2. end of March.

- The International Office will send the transcripts to the exchange students by email and by post to your coordinator at your home university.

- Until the end of September or Middle of February, you can print your exam results from the FHWS Studentenportal yourself:

What are the emergency numbers in Germany?

• Call 112 for emergencies ambulance or fire department. 110 for police.

• Keep the door closed. In Germany, living on ground floor does not pose a threat.

What is re-enrollment?

Students are enrolled for JUST one semester. If they want to continue their studies, students have to re-enroll for the next semester.

Please use the following link to re-enrol yourself at FHWS:

Re-enrolment deadline:

1. Winter semester: 15.01.-27.01.

2. Summer semester: 29.06.-10.07.

Exchange students who stay longer than one semester at FHWS or take part in an internship semester also have to re-enroll.

Re-enrolment procedure:

1. Please save the confirmation message (the last step in the re-enrollment procedure) about your successful re-enrolment in the portal as a PDF file for verification purposes (e.g. in case you need to apply for a prolongation of your residence permission).

2. A confirmation mail about the successful re-enrolment will be sent to your FHWS student email address at the latest by 21.07.

3. After the confirmation message was successfully registered in the portal, the semester fee will be debited from the student`s account in the beginning of September or in February. Please ensure that you have enough money on your account around that time.

4. In case of a defective direct debit, the amount of the semester fee plus the reimbursement charges (€ 6) should be transferred by the student to the FHWS account.

5. After having successfully debited the semester fee, the student is automatically re-enrolled for the next semester.

Enrolment certificates (“Immatrikulationsbescheinigung”) for the next semester can be obtained around two weeks before the start of the new semester in the student portal (

Enrolment after the regular re-enrolment period:

1. If you have missed the regular re-enrolment period, you can re-enroll by 31st January or 31st July (please wait for the reminder email to be sent to you!).

2. If you did not manage to re-enroll yourself successfully, your student ID card won`t be valid in the next semester and you will be exmatriculated.

Please notice that you have to validate your FHWS student card each semester (two weeks before the start of the new semester) after having successfully re-enrolled at FHWS!

Who can I contact when I have technical difficulties?

IT Service Center (ITSC)

Problems with: 

• your internet log-in data

• software problems

• printer problems

• problems with your computer


- Schweinfurt: Campus 1 (next to the computer pools, after the orange tables)

- Würzburg: Pavillon, Münzstraße 19 (behind the tall building)

• Opening hours:

Monday to Friday

 8.30 am – 5 pm

• E-Mail:

How can I share large amounts of data during my studies?

To share files or folders:

First steps description:

No back up system, no security by ITSC

Which subjects count towards my degree?

You must first enrol at our university before we can assess whether studies you have completed in the past can count towards your degree. Once you have begun your degree programme, you can make an application to the Hochschulservice Studium for previous studies to be taken into account.

As a general rule, subjects/courses can be counted towards your degree if they are similar to the programme here in terms of content, number of teaching hours and credits awarded.

Please note that we are unable to provide specific information on which of and whether your subjects count towards your degree.

Can I work during my studies?

Students from non-EU countries

You may work for 120 full or 240 half days per year. If you work as a student assistant at the university or company, these times may be higher.

Students from EU countries

No limitations on work.

Please note that you should always focus your efforts on your studies. Because of the high number of students, the FHWS is unable to offer assistance in finding a job.