Students and one of the lecturers in front of a whiteboard

TWIN Programmes

Some English-taught Bachelor‘s programmes at FHWS are designed as twin programmes alongside the existing German-taught Bachelor’s programmes. Those programmes enable you to complete your studies in both German and English. You will also do cultural and linguistic trainings when studying those TWIN Programmes.

They aim to build a big international community (FHWS i-Campus), where German and international students can learn together and from each other.

The TWIN Programmes are to train more top executives in Germany to be competitive on the international labour market, and for that, FHWS won the Best Strategy MINTernational Award in 2014.

If you fulfil all requirements for a TWIN Programme, you will receive a TWIN Certificate at the end of your studies. It proves that you completed your studies in both languages and are more than qualified for a successful career on the German and international labour market.

  • Bachelor Business and Engineering (English)/Bachelor Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen (German)

  • Bachelor International Management (English)/Bachelor Betriebswirtschaft (German)

  • Bachelor Logistics (English)/Bachelor Logistik (German)

  • Bachelor Mechatronics (English)/Bachelor Mechatronik (German)

To receive a TWIN Certificate, you have to prove the following:

  1. Language proficiency at level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) in English and German. For more information, please read about the language courses offered by the Campus for Language Proficiency at FHWS.
  2. At least 10 ECTS points for modules that teach intercultural skills.
  3. At least 60 ECTS points for modules in both languages (English/German) of the TWIN Progamme (applies to students who started their studies on 1 October 2016 or later).
  4. Graduation in a degree programme offered as a TWIN Programme.

Please refer to the website of your degree programmes or to your faculty to find out which modules you can study within the TWIN Programme.

If you are not yet enrolled at FHWS, you have to apply for one of the degree programmes that are offered as TWIN Programmes.

Application process at FHWS

If you already have an admission, please refer to your faculty to find out which modules you can study within the TWIN Programme. Once you have fulfilled all requirements for a TWIN Certificate, please contact the Department of Student Affairs (HSST). They will hand out the TWIN Certificate after you handed in all required documents.