Social Sustainability | October 1-29, 2022
This Blended Intensive Programme (BIP) is designed for students interested in exploring the intersections between health care, social services and sustainability through the framework of Planetary Health.
During this BIP the students deal with different social challenges and discuss possible solutions. During the joint attendance phase in Würzburg, the considerations are placed in a regional and historical context
Participating universities and lecturers:
• DIAK (Memory Jayne Tembo, Girum Zeleke, Christine Myrdal Lukash)
• VID (Margarita Sakilayan-Latvala)
• FHWS (Vathsala Aithal, Sven Warnke)
• Six mixed teams of five people = 30 students.
• It would be appreciated if ten students from each university could participate in this BIP: 10 students per University.
• In addition, we will try to recruit a student team in Würzburg for the preparation of the teaching units on the regional context and the historical context.
• Howspace (provided by DIAK).
• Zoom (provided by FHWS)
• Howspace (provided by DIAK)
• conceptboard (provided by FHWS)
• WiFi/ eduroam (provided by FHWS)
Programme Intensive Week
• Monday: Official welcome and regional context (University and Würzburg).
• Tuesday: Analysis of social challenges (University)
• Wednesday: Development of possible solutions (University)
• Thursday: Historical context (excursion to Nuremberg)
• Friday: Reflection and closing event (university and restaurant in Würzburg)