Students working in a lab

Application: My journey to studying abroad

Are you interested in studying at one of our partner universities? We have compiled the most important information for you here.

    How can I apply to study abroad?

  1. Search with the MoveON search engine which partner universities you are able to study at. If you decide for a semester at one of our partner universities, you can also get support from one of the Erasmus+ Programmes. Usually, you can be supported, if you fulfil the programme conditions and if there are funds available.

    Students in undergraduate or graduate (Master's) programmes can get grants for up to twelve months from the Erasmus+ fund.

  2. Fill in the declaration of acceptance, sign it and submit it to your faculty liaision officer for signing. Please inform yourself about the selection rules of your faculty before filling in the declaration of acceptance.

  3. Apply to the university you wish to study at via moveonline (German only). To do so, register in the MoveOn-Portal as a first step. Please upload a scan of your signed declaration of acceptance during this process.

  4. The International Office will then nominate you to your selected partner university, and provide you with the documents you need to register. Depending on the university, this process can take between two and six weeks.

  5. After receiving confirmation of mobility from the partner university, you will need to complete the Learning Agreement with your department, have it signed by the chair of the examination committee, and submit it to the International Office. You will need this Learning Agreement if you want to have the credits you obtain abroad recognised as part of your studies at FHWS.

    Learning Agreement

  6. Even if you are already excited about going abroad, do not forget to also re-enrol at FHWS for this period. If you fail to re-enrol at FHWS, you will lose your student status and will no longer be eligible for any funding. Please inform yourself whether you are sufficiently insured during your stay abroad (health insurance, personal liability insurcance). Funding by Erasmus+ does not include any insurance. For more information, please refer to the section on insurance.

    What do I need to keep in mind while I am abroad?

  7. When you arrive at your partner university, get them to complete a Confirmation of Stay to
    confirm the duration of your stay. You can use the form the partner university provides. If you are staying for two semesters, you will need to obtain separate confirmations for each individual Semester.

    Confirmation of Stay

  8. If changes are made to the Learning Agreement during your time abroad, you will need to have these confirmed by your partner university and return the signed form to the International Office without delay.

    What do I need to do when I return from abroad?

  9. If you received Erasmus+ funding during your time abroad, you are required to prepare a final report in addition to a written evaluation via the Mobility Tool+ (MT+). You will receive an automatic email from MT+ asking you to submit a written evaluation within 30 days of your return. If you spent a semester abroad as part of another exchange programme, you will also need to submit a final report to the International Office within 30 days of your return.

  10. At the end of your time at the partner university, you will receive a Transcript of Records with an overview of the marks you obtained. Please submit a copy of this form to the International Office as soon as possible. Please note that you have to contact the Department of Student Affairs in order to get your marks obtained abroad recognised.


Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions!

Elke Heim
Elke Heim

Study abroad advisor (Würzburg)
Elke Heim
Room T.0.05
Tiepolostraße 6
97070 Würzburg
Phone +49 931 3511-8377
Email elke.heim[at]

Mon - Thu 10:00 - 12:00

Thorsten Ziegler
Thorsten Ziegler

Study abroad advisor (Schweinfurt)
Thorsten Ziegler
University building 21
Room 21.1.17
Niederwerner Str. 96
97421 Schweinfurt
Phone +49 9721 940-8649
Email thorsten.ziegler[at]

Mon - Thu 9:00 - 12:00 and 13:00 - 15:00
Fri 9:00 - 12:00; alternative appointments upon arrangement