Würzburg is an extremely vibrant student city. With approximately 133,000 inhabitants, it is one of the largest cities in the federal state of Bavaria. Lying amidst the vineyards, the climate in Würzburg is pleasant and mild all year round. Wine is part of the cultural heritage here – as proven by the many wine festivals in and around the city.
Countless landmarks and places of interest characterise the cityscape: imposing Marienberg Fortress, the city’s landmark, sits high up on a hill overlooking the city and bears testament to Würzburg’s more than 1,000-year history. The sumptuous Würzburg Residence is one of the most significant palaces in Europe and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. A whole host of events, including the Africa Festival, Würzburg Docks Festival, and Kiliani Fair, take place in the city throughout the year. Theatres and museums as well as countless cafés and bars ensure a bustling city atmosphere. The event calendar for Würzburg offers an overview of some upcoming events we recommend.
Film Studying and Living in Würzburg
Faculties in Würzburg
FHWS faculties and their degree programmes have several sites in Würzburg. The main site, also hosting the administrative departments of FHWS, is centrally located.
(Starred websites are only available in German)
- Website of the Faculty of Applied Social Sciences and Humanities*
- Website of the Faculty of Applied Social Sciences
- Website of the Faculty of Architecture and Civil Engineering*
- Website of the Faculty of Visual Design*
- Website of the Faculty of Computer Science and Business Information Systems
- Website of the Faculty of Plastics Engineering and Surveying
- Website of the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration*
Address of FHWS administration in Würzburg
Tel: +49 931 3511-0 (switchboard)
Fax: +49 931 3511-6994